Monday, July 31, 2006

Stars

Guy and I watched Amelie the other night. It was at this happinin birthday party out in a yard under the stars. I love yard movies and I love sitting out under the stars. I wish I had a snazzy projector and I'd have yard movies all the time! Anyway, Amelie was great. It was really artsy and I don't mind reading subtitles. The company was wonderful and I even got to see an old student of mine. Cute kid. But not so much kid anymore. And the candy, soda and sugar was delish. Too bad I missed Carina's meat pies, but that's what happens when you're late to the party because you had your own bbq in your own yard with your husband's mission companion from Canada and their five kids (very fun people, by the way...too bad they live in another country).

After Amelie I sat up and rubbed my left calf. Something slimy and smushy rolled up under my finger. Ewww. I went over to the light by the house to confirm my suspicion. Sure enough...



When I was up at the Homestead a few weeks ago doing a workshop we stopped in at Snake Creek Grill. No, Compulsive, I didn't have the sea bass. We were just checking on menus to see if we could bring our group of teachers to dinner (turned out a little over our meal budget so we ended up somewhere else, darnit). As we walked up to the door, I passed and smiled at this fellow who was awfully familiar--and yummy. I kept trying to think where I knew the guy from. Then I decided he was just better looking than most of the people I encounter during my regular daily activities, and that he must be someone famous. Great smile and eyes, nice dimples, and rather short. He looked like this:



Once inside the restaurant, I not-so-subtly asked the waiter if there was a famous guy out there (real classy, Lorien) and he told me who the fellow was. That was my star sighting. Only one ever, I think.

11 comments:

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Can I admit I don't know who he is — I'm thinking he's from Party of Five?

JandB said...

i can't remember his name either! but he sure is a cute one.

i love watching movies on the side of the house. in high school we would do that sometimes. we would just hang a white sheet up on the side of someones house and watch the movie. good times!

okay, this is driving me crazy, what is that guys name!?

Lorien said...

His name is Scott Wolf, and yummy he is. His grin is kind of Hugh Grant-ish. I didn't recognize his name, even when I saw it on a little poster explaining the benefit they were having. I'm a lousy star-spotter, but I knew I recognized him from somewhere.

Lorien said...

(I guess his show--Everwood--or parts of it anyway, is filmed in Utah)

Carina said...

Best meat pies in London!

~j. said...

Wait - was the slug actually a slug? I thought it was something far more delicious...

ps - I like that you're writing more often. And I like that I've seen you more often.

This is me said...

Scott Wolf sends chills up my spine (in a good way). I am very jealous. I keep checking this post just so I can look at his picture.

Sister Pottymouth said...

I saw Michelle King once at El Azteca. I kept staring at her, trying to figure out who she was. My brothers were SO embarrassed! But I honestly couldn't figure out why she looked so familiar... I'm horrible with names of famous people.

Otto said...

When you said, "As we walked up to the door, I passed and smiled at this fellow who was awfully familiar--and yummy" I thought you were still talking about slugs.

dalene said...

Scott Wolf is great and all, but I'm really sad you missed the sea bass...

LuckyRedHen said...

I saw you inspecting the slimy creature upon discovery. I'm glad you're doing okay now ;o)