Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hotch Hotcher Bee Watcher

This morning as I was considering doing my desperately needed housework, I began thinking how lucky I am because I have so many AWESOME friends. So I forgot about the housework and sat down to blog (wouldn't you?). How cool are all of you? And how lucky am I that I feel I can consider you my friends? Last night I got to pick up my good friend Compulsive and we went to meet Bek and see her three yummy children. I got to see Marie-in-Chick-filet ala Lisa V. I got to love Luckyred's camera and eat some of Carina's real food (oh yum). I got to hug ~j and admire her joy in carrying a child. I saw old friends and made new ones. I laughed till my face and gut hurt. These are the times in life I love. I came home refreshed, ready to love my family more and give the mundane another go. Thank you, friends, for being wonderful. I love you!

Did I ever tell you how lucky you are? When I was quite young and quite small for my size, I met an old man in the desert of Dryz. He sat in a very prickly place, yet he sang with a sunny, sweet smile on his face. He sang me a song I will never forget. At least, well, I haven't forgotten it yet. He said to me, Ducky, when you feel sour and blue, when you start to feel sad you should do what I do. You should say to yourself 'Ducky, you're really quite lucky. Some people are muchly, oh ever so muchly, so muchly much much more unlucky than you.' ...Think you're unlucky? Think of poor Ollie Sard. He has to mow grass in his uncle's backyard. And it's quick-growing grass, so it grows as he mows it. The faster he mows it, the faster he grows it. And all that his stingy old uncle will pay for shoving that mower around in that hay is the piffelous pay of two dukles a day and Ollie can't live on such piffelous pay, so he has to paint flagpoles on Sundays in Gruze. Now aren't you glad you don't live in his shoes? -Quoted as I remember it from Dr. Seuss' Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

9 comments:

BowlerGirl said...

These are the times that I am a very jealous girl. I miss everyone in Utah. Never did I think that I would have Utah-envy...and now I do!

dalene said...

Utah-envy. That's funny!

I had a great time too. And I feel lucky! Thanks for inviting me along Lo--not just last night, but to blogworld in general.

It's going to be a banner week--Bek's open house, GNO, and a movie tomorrow? X-Men's at the dollar theater or we can see something else. Let me know.

Life is good!

dalene said...

And did I tell you we got a call from Z~ last night and he's coming home on Friday? Life really is good!

Lisa said...

And don't forget about Topher's MOVIE NIGHT (see his blog for details. . . )

I think it's so great that we're reconnected after that "dark period" in our lives when you moved out of the 5th ward, we left the country, etc. etc.

You are AWESOME, Lorien! And if I ever saw you in Chick-fil-A at the University Mall, I would totally say hello to you, and even give you my autograph.

The Dally Llama said...

(Ahem.) I believe a shout out to siblings is in order here. Or at least the best-travelled sibling.

And yes, I did just say, "shout out."

Blood and guts pictures up on my blog. Go look.

Lorien said...

Wooo! On my way to see blood n guts right now! Wouldn't miss it for my less-traveled world.

Lisa-I'm so excited for tonight. Gotta find somewhere to dump my kids. Not sure when we'll get there--I just found out we've got friends from out of town(Guy's old mish comp) coming for dinner--but we will.

JandB said...

dally, those pictures are so cool. it makes me want to pack my bags right now and go see it in person.

Carina said...

Please inform everyone about the slug.

'Cause that was awesome.

LuckyRedHen said...

Come see some Secksy Friends from this lovely evening (even yours truly, Lorien). Dare ya.