Sunday, July 23, 2006

Where Do They Get Their Good Looks?

I've made a goal to take the blogfiber Julie recommended and become more regular. I'm going to try to make an entry at least once a week. We'll see how it goes.

So I was trying to think of something to blog about, and thought my photo album might be a good place to start. I ran across this photo of my kids. It's a picture we took for Grandma on her birthday. Grandmas can be hard to do gifts for because at that time in their lives, they either already have everyhing they want, or if they don't, they go out and buy it. But I came up with a good one this time. I took these great photos of the kids and we made button fridge magnets (a neighbor has a pin-button maker) with this and a couple of other photos. Darling children, aren't they?

Last night I had a dream that it was Halloween morning and my kids didn't have costumes. Now that's scary. (Around our house, that's almost as bad as Christmas without presents.) So I guess it's time to start thinking about costumes. I have yards and yards of bright pink felt (formerly a wedding aisle). I'm thinking energizer bunny and pepto bismol. How many costumes can you think of to use up the felt? C'mon. Think pink.

10 comments:

dalene said...

You could do my personal favorite:

Da-duh. Da-duh. Da-duh-da-duh-da-duh, da-duh-da-DUUUUUUH. Da-duh-duh-DUH!

(Pink Panther)

I heart Peter Sellers.


And I applaud your regularity.

Lisa said...

We've already discussed our Halloween costumes as well. I'm glad we're not the only freaks in town.

What about a big tube of pink lipstick? Too phallic?

Otto said...

I guess I'm ok with people thinking about Halloween costumes in July (a little out there, but acceptable) Please just tell me you haven't started humming Christmas songs.

As for the costume, what about the number 1 Mary Kay sales person with his/her prize?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dally Llama said...

How about a package of peeps? Or perhaps a trailer park yard flamingo? Or, a rather disturbing use of pink?

Lorien said...

oooo, good ideas so far. I could see me in a tailored pink mary kay suit, complete with hat--if I only had a pink car--and I love the pink panther and flamingo. Tube of lipstick...not too phallic in my book, but rather round and awkward to haul around. I will already have a big 8-year-old mummy inside a sarcophagus to maneuver (it should be oh so awesome).

Otto, Halloween and April Fool's are 2 days you CAN'T plan too far in advance!

Lorien said...

AAAAH! Dally, I didn't know peter pan had a pink page, too. zow-eeee!

JandB said...

maybe you could do something like a stick of gum. i'm having a hard time thinking of costumes since i just looked at dally's link. i almost lost my lunch! those pictures are so disturbing!!!

Sister Pottymouth said...

No comment. Dally's web link creeped me out.

dalene said...

Ditto on the Dally link.