Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Moment of Silence


Day before yesterday was a dark day. My 12 inch PowerBook G4 baby was in chronic hard drive failure. It hit on a day when my hubby had a date with fame (presenting at a local elementary school). Presentations were deleted, un-sequenced, deleted again, and then un-sequenced again. We were incredibly lucky we were able to pull the slides back together in time for the presentation, but we did and Mr. Illustrator did just fine. But then a stint installation--iLife06--in an attempt to fix the problem merely exacerbated the condition. It must have been too much strain because that evening the poor dear went into harddrive arrest. A last-ditch restart allowed me to recover my files and then we sent the machine to the mac hospital. After a drive transplant and some time in recovery I am happy to announce my baby is coming along quite well. If anyone wants to send "wishing you a speedy recovery" flowers or chocolates, I'd be happy to give you my address. Email privately.

6 comments:

dalene said...

Hey--welcome back to the jungle.

I thought about bringing by some sort of condolences, but then I had a question, "Do macs even eat chocolate?"

JandB said...

how about you take her the card, but drop the chocolates off next door because i'm sure someone can drop by and eat them there.

Lorien said...

everyone eats chocolate. except maybe communists.

Lyle said...

Did your insurance cover the drive transplants?

Lorien said...

stupid insurance. it never covers anything.

The Dally Llama said...

You have my sympathy, as a fellow recently-got-crapped-on-by-a-failing-hard-drive-club member. Hopefully you were a little wiser than I and had backed up diligently.