Friday, December 15, 2006

Choices

Tough ones. Important ones. Like creamy cauliflower or tomato basil at Zupas? Or just skip Zupas and go get hot and sour soup at Shoots? (Shoots is the most recent recipient of the five star Lorien Recommendation, by the way!) Scrubs re-runs (I just found the show and have a lot of catching up to do) or one or two episodes of last season's 24 (YOWZA! 4 episodes in and I'm sunk!)? A mug of Stephen's Gourmet Hot Cocoa--Chocolate Cinnamon or Dulce de Leche Caramel? Be money wise and scrimp and save or spoil the kids just a bit at Christmas? Girl's Night Out or Hogi Yogi ice cream cookie sandwiches after the Christmas concert at Provo Tabernacle with my hubby and 2 oldest kids? What do you do when there are 2 things you want, but only time for 1? Usually I do my best to squeeze them both in anyway somehow, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. So I end up choosing one kind of hot chocolate or soup or entertainment, wondering if the other kind is better or what I am missing the whole time I should be enjoying the one I chose. These are the quandaries of life. *Sigh* I need a clone of me.

11 comments:

dalene said...

Nailed it! Somedays I am good at squeezing it all in. Take last Saturday: Block Party at AQ, coming home to make treats for the becks' shower, going to becks' shower, leaving that to go to 90th b.day party for grandma at the same time, returning to becks' shower, heading off to the ward party, then leaving the ward party early to catch "A Christmas Carol" at Hale Center Theater.

Other days, not so much. Like the day before yesterday: someone had to stay home to help kids with homework and tuck them into bed at least once this week so I never made it to GNO either.

At least now I know you didn't miss me!

M said...

I know just how you feel. The other day we ran out of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and I had to go all the way down to our basement freezer to get some more. It was tough, but if I could go back in time and make the choice again, I'd do the same thing.

JandB said...

okay, so we still have ice cream at the house! good! what would our house be like without ice cream?

hmmm...choices for me...sleep or take a shower. i've been getting plenty of sleep lately. or what about this choice...have fun with roommates or study? i just don't know what to choose.

Carina said...

It's worse when you have a gift card. What if you don't pick the right free meal? The agony!

Shoots is delicious, I love that place.

Otto said...

Have you considered cloning?

Lorien said...

marlsven, you did the right thing. except that you didn't bring some next door. oh, and by the way, give us another blog to read, why doncha?

A clone would be nice, but there are times I don't know if I could handle two of me. I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true.

Sister Pottymouth said...

I doubt if the rest of us could handle two of you either. (wink wink)

Love ya.

Kactiguy said...

Julie, listen hon, two Loriens would throw the balance of the universe off. You gotta trust me on this one.

The Dally Llama said...

Guy, did you just say, "hon?" Mmmhmmm... You go girlfriend!

pflower10 said...

I totally know what you mean Lorien. Do I search the web on my new MacBook Pro or do I search it on my new 24" iMac Desktop......decisions, decisions.




PS. I need your help.

LuckyRedHen said...

Oooh, a clone of Lorien would be snazzy!