Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Why Writing Tests Isn't Such a Bad Gig After All

Here’s to all those conversations I’ve killed. Killed by talking about my jobs editing test items. Why the shout-out? Because right now I’m in Portsmouth, New Hampshire editing test items. I was invited to review test questions for a company that writes CRTs (standardized tests) that some states use. They flew several of us out here, paid us for a good day’s work, and now I get to see the sights. A friend and I have had a great time wandering around. Last night, after a bumpy flight, a less-than-perfect landing, a very long bus ride (accident on Route 1 so we wound through some neighborhoods or something for 2 hours), and a pleasantly brief cab ride, we ate at a fabulous place called The Oar House (the boullibaisse was amazing). Tonight we walked around, shopped, and walked across Piscataqua River to Kittery, Maine (which I hear has amazing shopping, but it was getting late). Tomorrow morning I’ll go to Strawbery Banke before catching a bus to the Boston airport. I did the tourist thing and pulled out the camera (which I absolutely hate doing, but I did for the sake of entertaining my husband and children), so I’ll have a few pictures to post when I get home.

And book group girls…have a good time without me. Sorry I had to miss it.

4 comments:

dalene said...

Glad you posted--I tried to e-mail you but it got sent back again.

Hope you're having a good time. We will miss you tonight.

Can't wait to see your photos--anything that flies you out of town and puts you up for a night or two is a good gig.

--Have fun!

Sister Pottymouth said...

Welcome home! Hope you had a great trip. I can't get e-mail through to you either...go figure.

LuckyRedHen said...

Hear hear CW because I've been waiting for you to post again.

My page has moved to...

http://luckyredhen.blogspot.com/

Your little trip sounds delightful.

slewpoo said...

dude, crt's kick my butt, rip all of them up next time!